The Philadelphia Citizen is a nonprofit civic media organization that combines solutions-oriented journalism & thought-provoking events with specific tools for civic action.
We are currently looking to fill the following positions:
The Philadelphia Citizen, a nonprofit, civic-minded media outlet, is hiring a Revenue Specialist to sell corporate and event sponsorships for the Philly-based organization, which combines solutions-based journalism with thought leader events to revive democracy and citizenship in the American city where it was born.
The scope of services includes:
- Leveraging relationships to sell sponsorship packages for series and signature events, including The Citizen’s annual Ideas We Should Steal Festival, and established series like Development…for Good
- Evaluating and expanding on current sponsorship agreements
- Developing and executing strategies and opportunities for revenue generation
- Overseeing execution of sponsorship agreements
- Managing relationships with sponsors and other funders
- Working collaboratively with operations to move new partnerships through the sponsorship process
- Experience with corporate/sponsorship sales with existing contacts and strong relationships throughout the Philadelphia corporate community
- Mid-level to senior experience with a proven track record of success
- An ability to communicate the Citizen’s unique mission
- Competence in Google Workspace and online communication tools
- Dedicated to civic and social responsibility and passionate about making Philadelphia a better place
This is a hybrid position, with most work being done remotely. There will be some in-person requirements, whether to meet potential or current sponsors or for the occasional in-person meeting. Applicants must be based in the Greater Philadelphia area.
This is a contractor position, with monthly retainer plus commission.
To apply, please send brief cover letter to [email protected].
The Philadelphia Citizen is looking for experienced Philadelphia-based writers who are critical thinkers with a passion for telling stories that are civic-minded; problem-solving; contextual; and smart.
Please send brief cover letter and links or PDFs of articles or relevant work to [email protected].
The Philadelphia Citizen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Philadelphia Citizen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Philadelphia Citizen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Philadelphia Citizen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.