The Philadelphia Citizen is a nonprofit civic media organization that combines solutions-oriented journalism & thought-provoking events with specific tools for civic action.
We are currently looking to fill the following positions:
The Operations Manager will work closely with the Co-Executive Directors to oversee the daily operations of the media nonprofit.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage relevant operations and systems related to The Citizen: Includes working with contracted Accounting Associate (YPTC) to oversee payroll (paychex); bill processing (bill.com); donor/customer management database (Kindful); membership; WordPress; website hosting.
- Work with Co-Executive Directors to manage board communication and development.
- Support the Revenue and Events Directors to manage details for a robust schedule of regular public events, including sponsor and partner outreach and fulfillment.
- Oversee execution of civic engagement projects, including Integrity Icon, voter events and other creative projects involving action from Citizen audience members.
- Expertise in attention to detail
- Proven track record of managing complex projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with donor/customer databases and other office technologies
- Mission-driven entrepreneurship mindset
Anticipated salary range of $60,000 to $70,000 based on experience and qualifications. Benefits included.
Send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Desired start date December 15, 2021.
The Philadelphia Citizen is looking for experienced Philadelphia-based writers who are critical thinkers with a passion for telling stories that are civic-minded; problem-solving; contextual; and smart.
Please send brief cover letter and links or PDFs of articles or relevant work to [email protected].
The Philadelphia Citizen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Philadelphia Citizen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Philadelphia Citizen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Philadelphia Citizen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.