Contact Your Electeds

Because it's our responsibility to hold them accountable

A great way to do something about an issue you care about is to simply contact your officials. This means your state representatives, city council people, your ward leader, your committeeperson, and more. Remember, they are working for you and want to hear what you think. And even if they don’t, tough luck.

Not sure who your elected officials are? Check out this handy tool from the Committee of Seventy, this one from the City Commissioners’ Office, or even Facebook’s Town Hall.

To Do:

  1. Find out who your elected officials are for local, state, and federal.
  2. Decide which issue you want to talk about. You can often find a script for each issue already made, making it easier to get across your point.
  3. Call, email or send a letter. Done!

Be a Citizen Editor

Suggest a Story