- Use the pull-down menu to say if you are submitting text or a photo.
- Enter your name and email.
- Include the intersection or neighborhood along with the title. For example: It’s Time (West Philly)
Use the prompts below to guide you on a quick Write Your Block activity.
- Map your neighborhood not by landmarks but by the people who’ve made memories in your surroundings. Write a poem titled after a person or persons that you consider the embodiment your neighborhood.
- On your walk home, to the subway, or to wherever you’re headed next, observe the city passing around you. What words or phrases come to mind and where? What do you see and hear? What personal memories or thoughts are associated with these sights and sounds?
- Wander the neighborhood you are in, or the one in which you live.
- What do you see on your walk and what would you like to see?
- If you could, what would you do to make that neighborhood better?
All set? Submit your poem below!